Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 6 Reflection #SEACCR




Amber Hanson
Week 6 Reflection
#SEACCR


This week I was able to contribute to several other people’s blogs.  I’ve made suggestions, as well as gained ideas for myself.  While reading this week’s blog post by Jeff, he indicated his struggle with having students return surveys that he sent out using survey monkey.  I suggested possibly making the survey short and quick to complete.  In addition to this, he should inform his student that the survey is short.  If a person knows the survey may take 5 minutes or so, they will be far more likely to complete it.  Too often I’ve been asked to take a survey, and found myself 20 minutes later frustrated still trying to complete it.  I find that if the administrator of the survey lets me know how long the survey will take, I will be less hesitant.
            In addition to make suggestions to my classmates, I also received ideas.  While reading Lenore’s blog post about the interview she held with herself and the librarian I found myself extremely interested in doing the some.  Lenore was able to have her library print her out a list of books her 2nd graders had checked out since the beginning of the school year.  This piece of data could be very beneficial in identifying what students are actually interested in reading.  In fact after reader her blog I got really excited, and texted the library about perhaps getting this list from her. She said that it definitely possible and that we can do it this week sometime.  I can’t wait to share the information with you all next week!
            This week’s blog readings have been extremely beneficial for me (especially Lenores!) and I look forward to reading/contributing to more as the week progresses.  Next week, in terms of data collation I will re-teach how to fill out an idea web with a class chosen nonfictional text.  After this, I will survey the class to see if we’re ready to complete this task individually.  I am excited for this new week and can’t wait to see what it has in store for me!  Good luck all, and let the data collation continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment